Henry County Health Center’s Diabetes Education Center will offer a FREE pre-diabetes class on Monday, January 21, 2019, from Noon to 1:00 p.m. The class will be conducted in the Diabetes Education Center, located in Suite 25 at HCHC. Directions will be given when you call 319-385-6518 to register. Please register by Noon on Friday, January 18th.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you should attend this class:
- Are your fasting blood sugars between 100 and 125?
- Do you have a parent, sister or brother with diabetes?
- Are you are overweight, inactive, or have poor eating habits?
- Are you extremely thirsty, urinate frequently or have unexplained weight loss?Approximately 90 million people in the United States have pre-diabetes and many are not aware of it. Recent research shows that some long-term damage, especially to the heart and circulatory system, may already be occurring during pre-diabetes.
- For more information or to register for the class, contact HCHC’s Diabetes Education Center at 319-385-6518. There is no fee for this class.
- The purpose of the class is to help at-risk individuals reverse habits that may be leading toward a diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes and its many complications. Topics will include an overview of the different types of diabetes, diet, exercise, and diabetes prevention.