With influenza and COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) in Iowa, Henry County Health Center asks the public to be mindful of the following prevention measures that should be taken for both influenza and COVID-19:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue or your upper arm/elbow.
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Contain germs by staying home when ill.
Due to the high level of influenza activity and the presence of COVID-19 in Iowa, Henry County Health Center asks that individuals with respiratory and/or influenza symptoms, such as coughing, fever, aches, sore throat and runny nose, please refrain from visiting HCHC patients and Park Place Elder Living elders until symptoms are gone. This notice is a safety precaution to maintain a healthy hospital environment.
Also, due to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has issued screening recommendations for all healthcare facilities. Coronavirus is identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China. The virus spreads person-to-person. There have been confirmed cases identified in the United States.
The IDPH Recommendation is that all Iowa healthcare facilities implement screening procedures before or at patient check-in. Patient screening questions you will be asked:
- Do you have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough or difficulty breathing)?
- Did you travel from China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea within 14 days of symptom onset?
- Did you have close contact with a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient within 14 days of symptom onset?
HCHC appreciates the public’s assistance in our infection control efforts. Thank you for helping to keep our patients, elders and our community healthy.