Great River Health COVID-19 Call Center
Available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week
Call Great River Health COVID-19 Call Center 800-871-3313, prior to calling your primary care provider office or going to the hospital if:
- You have fever and respiratory symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing).
- You have other symptoms that lead you to believe you may have COVID- 19.
- You have reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID-19.
The Call Center is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Due to the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Henry County Health Center has implemented the following processes for the safety of our patients, staff and community as a whole.
To protect our patients, associates and community from potential coronavirus infection, visiting is allowed only in designated areas. No visiting is allowed in these areas:
- Inpatient Services (Medical-Surgical Unit)
- Park Place Elder Living
In other areas, patients are limited to the same visitors for the entire time they are hospitalized. They must stay in the patient’s room or designated visitor area. Visitors must be at least 18 years old (unless they are the parents of a pediatric patient). They must pass a screening before visiting these areas:
- Emergency Department – One adult may be with the patient during treatment.
- End of life when death is imminent – Patients may have two visitors.
- Obstetrics Unit – Only the mother’s designated support person may visit.
- Patients having surgery or procedures – One visitor on the day of surgery or the procedure only.
- Clinic, Laboratory or Diagnostic Imaging appointments – One person may accompany the patient.
Exceptions – Work with the patient’s health care team
- Patients with disruptive behavior whose family member is key to their care may have one visitor.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays who require a caregiver to help provide safety may have one visitor.
- Elders at Park Place who are in need of a visitor due to significant impact on emotional well-being and/or end of life must be approved by the Park Place Administrator.
Visitors will be asked screening questions and their temperatures will be taken. When visitors pass their screening, they will receive a sticker with the day of the week to be worn the entire time they are visiting.
All potential visitors and outpatients are screened before entering the hospital through these locations:
- Main entrance – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Emergency Department entrance – 24 hours a day for patients and visitors in the Emergency Department.
Please be advised that these guidelines may change in the future and we will continue to keep the public updated.
The Main Lobby entrance is open 8 am-5 pm Monday-Friday. There are front entrance points separating the Henry County Respiratory Center Clinic and well clinic for screening purposes. All who enter are screened for flu and COVID-19, including signs of fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- Well patients coming into the health center go to the outside ambulatory surgery door for screening before entering the facility (this door is located to the right of the main entrance and will be marked with signage). A “well clinic” for patients who are not sick will be established in the Specialty Clinic.
- Patients who have respiratory symptoms and have made appointments by calling 319-385-5379 come to the Main Lobby entrance for screening before entering the Henry County Respiratory Center Clinic. This includes patients with symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- For emergent medical conditions, patients should go to the Emergency Department entrance. This entrance is also to be used after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and on weekends.
- Specialty Clinic: Some visiting specialists will still be seeing patients in HCHC’s Specialty Clinic. This could change depending on each specialist, so patients are encouraged to call their specialists first to confirm appointments. If patients are ill with fever and respiratory symptoms they are asked to reschedule appointments.
- Scheduling and Bill Pay: All bill pay and scheduling has been relocated. Go through the main lobby where there is access to pay bills and schedule appointments. Pay bills at any of the registration desks, or online at www.hchc.org/patients-and-visitors/patient-portal/ or send payment through the mail.
The following are cancelled at HCHC:
- All elective surgeries are cancelled until further notice. This is in accordance with Iowa Department of Public Health recommendations.
- All community classes and meetings scheduled at the health center are cancelled until further notice.
- The HCHC Cafeteria is closed to the general public until further notice.
- The Friends of HCHC Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
Protect yourself and others! Individuals experiencing cough, fever or shortness of breath and have recently traveled or had contact with a COVID-19 confirmed person, should call one of the following before presenting to any clinic or emergency room: their primary healthcare provider, the COVID-19 Call Center 800-871-3313, or the Henry County Respiratory Center Clinic at 319-385-5379. The Iowa Department of Public Health can also be a resource for questions about COVID-19 by dialing 211 for more information.