The Communicable Disease Control Program provides ongoing surveillance and control of significant infectious diseases such as meningitis , pertussis (whooping cough), salmonella, tuberculosis, e-coli and hepatitis. Our staff works with medical providers, hospitals and laboratories to:
- Detect and report cases of significant infectious disease.
- Investigate the circumstances of each case.
- Provide pertinent information to families and communities.
- Recommend and implement measures to control the spread of disease.
- Provide infection-control training to community agencies and organizations.
The population of Henry County is highly mobile, which increases the probability and the spread of communicable diseases in our communities. To report a communicable disease, please call 319.385.0779.