Who We Are
HCHC’s all-licensed staff provides 24 hour nursing care for medical patients 16 years of age and older and surgical patients of all ages. We deliver compassionate care and meet the individual needs of our patients and their families. The Inpatient Services Department is located on the 2nd floor of the hospital.
During your hospital stay, you will receive personalized care close to home with our Hospitalist Program. At HCHC, we have a physician and advanced practice providers who specialize in caring for hospitalized patients. They are responsible and dedicated to providing your medical care while you are a patient at the health center. HCHC’s hospitalists will provide you with the highest quality care during your hospital stay. During that time, they will communicate with your family physician to ensure you obtain the best care.
What We Do
At HCHC, your health and comfort is our top priority, and we will help you return home as soon as possible. An interdisciplinary team will be working together to provide your care and to prepare you for discharge. Our highly trained staff knows that each patient is unique and will base your patient care on individual physical and emotional needs. During your stay at HCHC, you will receive patient education and information that is important to your quick recovery and future health.
On the Medical Surgical Unit we:
Care for Our Sick across the continuum…
- 2 – Specialized Care Unit Beds
- Hospice Respite
- Care For Our Sick using technology
- Nurse and Physician computerized documentation at the Point of Care means more time at the bedside with our patients.
- Barcoding of patient wristbands when administering medications contributes to an excellent patient safety environment.
- Care For Our Sick using best practices
- Utilization of a Wound Task Force made up of front line staff members to guide the effort in identifying patients at risk for potential skin problems and prevention measures addressing those issues.
- Adopted best practice measures aimed at efficient treatment of admissions for Congestive Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Acute Myocardial Infarction (heart attack).
- Monitor each patient for Venous Thromboembolism (blood clots that could travel to the heart, lungs or brain).
- Care For Our Sick using collaboration
- Cooperative alliance between our physicians, nursing, case management, the patient and their loved ones means improved patient outcomes and a speedier recovery for those we care for.
For more information on Inpatient Services, please call 319-385-6180.