Who We Are
HCHC offers a fully-equipped, state-of-the-art Rehabilitation Center with the goal of providing quality, convenient care for our community. Our staff is comprised of Rehab professionals whose mission is to provide excellent customer service and optimum patient care to lead our community in the promotion of health, wellness and fitness. HCHC offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and athletic training services. Click here to meet our Rehabilitation Services staff.
What We Do
The purpose of rehabilitative medicine is to treat health conditions by assessment, examination, and use of rehabilitative procedures to aid the patient in achieving their maximum potential within their capabilities; and to accelerate the road to improved health.
We invite you to visit our web resources to gain important health information and learn about career opportunities in the field of Rehabilitation Services.
Our Services Include:
- Aquatic therapy – Physical therapy performed in our heated therapeutic pool. Patients benefit from the decreased weight bearing environment and the multi-directional resistance provided by the water. A variety of diagnoses are seen in the pool.
- Bump & Bruise Clinic-Evaluation of student athletes. Call for an appointment.
- McKenzie Method – The McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy is a systematic way to evaluate and treat patients suffering from pain in the neck, back, extremities, and/or headaches. Click here to learn more. Click here to view our McKenzie Method Brochure.
- Muscles in Motion – This is a program for anyone who would like to exercise in a supervised environment and learn proper techniques. Clients are able to access all weights and exercise equipment in Rehabilitation Services, in addition to having the continued support system of the rehabilitation staff members and other clients. To learn more, call (319) 385-6102.
- Neurological – This type of therapy focuses on those who have a neurological diagnosis, such as stroke. Services provided may include Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy and focus on gait training, balance, improving function of a limb and improving speech or swallowing.
- Orthopedic – Focuses on those who have an orthopedic diagnosis dealing with muscles and joints and are characterized by pain, loss of range of motion or weakness.
- Pediatrics-Treatment of children with Neurological or orthopedic diagnoses
- Physical Therapy Incontinence Program
- Speech Pathology Therapy and Treatment
- Sports medicine
Vestibular Therapy Program
- Treatment for patients with vertigo/dizziness and balance disorders
For more information on Rehabilitation Services, please call 319-385-6102.