Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Also known as the “Care for Yourself” is part of a national program to help eligible women in Iowa receive mammograms, clinical breast exams and Pap tests at no cost. These services are provided by qualified local physicians, nurses and other health care providers.
To be eligible for the Care for Yourself program you must:
- Be 50 – 64 years old*
- Not be enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Have limited financial resources
*Some services may be available for women under 50 or over 64 years of age
Maternal Health Program
Provides information and support to pregnant women to help ensure a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. An nurse will help program participants…
- Find a physician
- Get health insurance or find other financial resources
- Enroll in prenatal education classes
- Learn basic nutrition needs during pregnancy and after the baby is born
- Arrange a dental screening assessment, fluoride varnish, education and referral for dental care.
- Arrange preventative dental services for pregnant women who are underserved.
- Arrange a postpartum home visit
For more information, call 319.385.0779.