Henry County Health Center hosts a Breastfeeding Support Group & Clinic every Thursday from 9 a.m. – noon. The support group is held next to HCHC Physicians & Clinics and is staffed by HCHC Certified Nurse-Midwives Kendra Bonnesen and Kari Payne.
All are welcome, including pregnant mothers, mothers of newborns, moms of toddlers, breastfeeding moms, and moms who pump and feed. Dads and older children are also welcome.
Participants will get the support they need to succeed and receive the following:
- Breastfeeding and lactation information and assistance from other mothers, lactation counselors, lactation consultant and certified nurse-midwives.
- Support from, and discussion with, other mothers.
- Weigh your baby, get transfer weights if concerned about how much milk your baby is getting.
- Get help with latching and feeding problems.
- If you need individual attention, midwives have clinic time blocked for lactation visits if needed.
For more information, call the clinic at 319-385-6138.