Who We Are
HCHC’s Cardiopulmonary department is a support service working with clinical departments, nursing and other hospital departments to deliver the most “state of the art” health care available to patients. Our Cardiopulmonary department is staffed by nationally certified and registered Respiratory Therapists. We continue to offer top quality care and are Certified by the American Association of Respiratory Care as a top quality facility. We are proud of the fact that we take as much pride in our community as we take in our profession. We are available Monday thru Friday from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. We are on call for emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What We Do
Provide a variety of diagnostic, therapeutic, and educational services to both inpatients and outpatients. The department is located in Henry County Health Center on the first floor. Respiratory therapists work under the direction of a medical director to provide this range of services.
Diagnostic services include:
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Pulmonary function studies and pulmonary stress testing
- End tidal CO2 analysis
- Night desaturation studies
- Electrocardiograms, recording the electrical activity of the heart
- Ambulatory Blood pressure recording
- Holter monitoring, recording the electrical activity of the heart over an extended period, typically 24-48 hours.
- Signal averaging, analyzing the electrical cycle of the EKG complex in significant rhythm problems
- Stress test cardiogram, recording the electrical activity of the heart and blood pressure before, during, and after exercise
- Stress echo, performed with the stress test to provide the most accurate diagnosis possible.
- Sleep Studies
- EEG’s, recording electric activity of the brain
Therapeutic services include:
- Oxygen therapy
- Mechanical ventilatory support and artificial airway support
- Postural drainage and chest physiotherapy
- Administration of aerosol medications
- Bronchopulmonary hygiene therapy
Cardiac/Pulmonary Support Group
The Cardiac/Pulmonary Support group is designed to encourage persons with concerns about heart and lung disease in their goals for a healthy lifestyle. The group meets every other month. Call (319) 385-6504 for more information.
For more information on Cardiopulmonary Services, please call 319-385-6104.