Who We Are
The department of Health Information Services (Medical Records) has 8 full time credentialed professionals. Henry County Health Center takes pride in the fact that its medical record professionals who serve you are all credentialed as Registered Health Information Technicians from the various accredited colleges here in Iowa.
For record requests or release of information questions, please call (319) 385-6139. Fill out the Release of Information completely, mark all appropriate boxes and sign the form. You may either send the form via mail or fax it to (319) 385-6573. Please be sure you have included your phone number in case there are questions.
Fees for copies of medical records are as follows:
- Legal/Attorney/Subpoenas or Insurance Company
$50.00 per record
$25.00 for two or more visits
Free for one visit: HCHC will fax to a physician or hospital.
Three members of our staff perform outpatient coding, inpatient coding and concurrent review. Coding is performed by extracting diagnoses from documentation provided by the physicians at Henry County Health Center and converting them into the appropriate codes. If you have questions regarding how your services have been coded (billed), you are welcome to contact them, but keep in mind that if you have a dispute, you must contact the physician who provided the service to you.
If you are a provider and need to contact our transcriptionists, you may do so by calling (319) 385-6116.
The HIS Director can answer any questions you may have regarding registration/communications, switchboard, credentialing or Privacy Issues.
What We Do
The scope of services provided by Health Information Services is based upon a collaboration and information-sharing format to enhance patient care. Health Information Services are provided to all areas of the facility, as appropriate for needs and security levels. Health Information Services include the provision of providing an accurate patient record, with emphasis on the following:
- Record Processing
- Record abstracting, analysis and coding
- Transcription of dictation for the medical record available 24 hours a day
- Record retrieval, filing and limited storage
The scope of services also encompasses efforts made to provide:
- Timely and easier access to complete information throughout the organization
- Improved data accuracy
- Demonstrated balance of proper levels of security vs. ease of access
- Use of aggregate data, available through computerized reporting in Health Information Services, to assist all healthcare providers with information that allows for identification of opportunities to improve performance.
- Accessibility of the medical record at all times to those authorized persons requesting their use for patient care.
The HCHC Health Information Services Department prepares a birth certificate for each child born and provides proof of birth and age verification when requested.
All questions regarding copies or to get a copy of your birth certificate MUST go through:
Henry County Recorder
P.O. Box 106
Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641
Iowa Department of Public Health
Attention: Vital Records,
Birth Registration Program
Lucas State Office Building, 1st
Des Moines, IA 50309-0075